Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sweet Success!

Now I know that yes, I can eat a vegan jerk tofu salad at a pizza place in downtown Greenville and not feel like I'm missing out on anything (even when I surrounded by humongous calzones and pizzas!)



The date was with a carnivore who sounds totally on board with the amount of commitment I'll be putting into my training, and he even said he wants to try any and every vegan thing that I'd make for him. His birthday is next week, so I'm going to make a deep dish cookie cake from Chocolate Covered Katie's blog . It is made without sugar and with chickpeas, but he won't know until AFTER eating it :)

I was excited to have a couple bites when I came home of date/cocoa/avocado/almond milk "mousse." My coworker made this for me a couple weeks ago, and I was proud to say that mine turned out just as tasty :)



The perfect solution when you've gone to Sam's Club and purchased far too many avocados and dates for one household. It really does taste like chocolate pudding, too!

Today's workout was an hour of plyo in the morning. I had the ladies' area to myself (this is a pattern), and the women who were "cruising" on cardio were facing right at me. I kept thinking to myself, "C'mon, ladies, THIS is how you change your bodies, over here, not cardio machines only!" Of course I do cardio, too, but it's always focused and always has a plan/goal.

One of the things I'm enjoying the most is that I'm now on the last hole of my belt. I'm probably going to take a trip to Stein Mart to buy some fun new belts. I feel between sizes in pants, but I'm not ready to buy a whole new wardrobe just yet...

Before I gave my exercise physiology students a test, I asked them the question, "To weigh or not to weigh?" I love that they immediately launch into explaining how body fat percentage and clothing size are more important and that clients should not have an unhealthy obsession with weight. We have taught them well! I spent the afternoon on our other campus in a professional development meeting about facilitating group meetings, and I stopped by Fresh Market on the way home.

What a disappointing tea selection :( I was dreaming of some fancy $12 organic, fair trade gourmet dessert tea, but the section was smaller than in any store I'd seen. It was mostly matcha, rooibos and green teas, and most had caffeine. I ended up with some type of "good night" tea with lavendar and other floral nights. I hope it will help me ease into bed more easily, but I'm still holing out for some dessert tea. World Market and Whole Foods are right near each other, so I'll probably head there tomorrow.

The posing suit designer was going to order the fabric swatch, but then she found out that wasn't possible. We're back to square one and keeping our eyes peeled. I"m wondering if I can contact PETA or Pamela Anderson directly for help?

No comments:

Post a Comment