Friday, March 15, 2013

Oh My Soreness!

I've been nicknamed "T Rex" before at a physical therapy tech job because for some odd reason the outlets were placed so high on the wall that I had to get on my toes and reach my arms as high as possible. I'm 5'4.5", but I'm mostly torso with shorter limbs. It's funny now that I would love for days that I look and feel like a T Rex.

Why, you ask? Because that means I blasted my biceps so hard that I can't straighten my arms! Truth to told, every inch of my biceps, triceps and shoulders are sore. It hasn't even been 12 hours post workout, so I'm terrified for tonight...

I realized one of the most amazing things about my job is that I can't even call it work. I go in every day and feel like I'm hanging out with my friends, and I can see so much of myself as a student in them. Their excitement excites me to become a better teacher, trainer and person, and the college gives me excellent professional development resources to improve my skills.

This morning I went in for my standard 30 minute cardio while reading session. I don't "allow" myself to read unless I'm moving, so that's my reward for when I'm walking my dog (yes, I just said that - been doing it about 4-5 years now) or on the elliptical. It's similar to how I tell myself "You're just going to go out and listen to some music" when I go for a run. Similar to how I say "You're just going to go hang out with a friend" on a first date (low expectations = no harm if it's a dud, extra excitement if it works out.)

Today's post-gym treat was another Svelte drink with another sassy slogan:



This afternoon I'm catching up on little errands, such as the huge ordeal of changing all my auto stuff over from FL to SC, cooking up a storm and testing out some ab workouts on Hulu and/or going to Friday night Zumba. I'm even going to give Walmart a chance to weigh in on the tea selection. Ingles, one of the local grocery stores, also disappointed me yesterday. I didn't want to resort to Amazon or drive across town to Whole Foods or World Market, but I will if I have to.

(I'm picking this up tonight from this morning) - I'm officially a SC resident!



I'm spending the rest of the night cooking, lounging, Netflixing, maybe playing piano, and going to bed early so I can get ready for a beautiful Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment