Thursday, March 14, 2013

Maybe It is Mental...?

You know what I ate today? My words from the other post about this not being a sacrifice. I think I needed to have these feelings today, though, because a have a new level of appreciation and awareness. I also bonded more with my student trainer, and I can tell that our relationship growing is another integral part of this journey. He knows what to say and when to say it, and I couldn't be more proud as his instructor to know that I'm helping groom someone who will be excellent in his future career.

It was a "I wonder what the girl who is going to beat you is doing right now," to which I replied (without even thinking, really), "No one will beat me," that got it started. He sprinkled in some others, such as "If you want it, you have to go after it." My favorite was during plyo push-ups when I sat back for a second and said, "You know...if I put as much into each and every workout for the next 12 weeks, it's going to be so challenging." My thought wasn't done, but he filled in where I was going - "...and so rewarding." He was taking me to a new level of muscle failure. The twitches were lingering long after the reps ended, and several times I made that awkward sputtering sound that occurs when you are drained and possibly want to cry (or maybe that's just me.) I mean, I was curling the 50 lb bar with ease. I'm not a weakling.

All the more reason to be in it to win it.

I was able to sneak to the grocery store during my lunch break, and not a single thing tempted me. Nothing made it into the basket that wasn't on the super clean list. Grapefruit was on the list, but I didn't intend to buy 18 lbs of it until I realized it was only $8. If you don't know what 18 lbs of grapefruit looks like...



I brought a bowl of the date/avocado/cocoa "mousse" and offered it to all my students. Instant love! I also really tested the theory of drinking ice water to keep yourself cooler during exercise. I accidentally left my water bottle in the freezer all morning and got it on my lunch break. Being able to drink water with small chunks of ice while sweating it out was a nice reprieve.

The thing on my brain now is how to make sure I'm incredibly successful for Spring Break in a few weeks. It will take a ton of prep and diligence, but I have already reminded my parents (my companions for the trip) how important this is. They met the guy I was dating last summer about a week before his first show, so they now just how strict it can get.

I'm full (just to the right amount) with recovery drink, quinoa and avocados, cinnamon tea and ACCOMPLISHMENT!

The most progress happens while you sleep, so I'm going to get after it!



No comments:

Post a Comment