Sunday, March 24, 2013

Got My Toes Wet, and Now I'm Hooked!

Officially 12 weeks out and flying high on motivation and encouragement. I even had two new wonderful things to wear to the gym this morning and kill it :) My first pair of Free trainers and my first of several plant-powered athlete slogan shirts:



The tank was a little bit,but the shoes fit like a dream. No one was brave enough to ask about my shirt, but there were tons of cute guys and I was even able to get a number ;) The guy co-owns a pizza place, so I asked if they served soy cheese. He said, "no, but we'll put it on there if you bring it!" Hmm, we have to start somewhere, I guess!

Yesterday I went to my first posing clinic and learned all the poses. We even practiced during the entire walk and individuals in heels. I was the bravest one by wearing a swimsuit under and staying after to pose in it. The coach seemed to take extra time with me and told me I was looking great. I also announced to the group that I was competing as a vegan, and one of the girls told me afterward that she thought it was awesome :) Here's two of the shots:



I feel comfortable with my core and legs at this point, but my main focus no needs to be on growing my lats and delts so I can have a nice broad V taper. I can only do so much, and the rest will just come down to genetics. I hope my legs give me an advantage, though :)

I went down to Atlanta last night to watch a friend from FL compete in an NPC bikini competition. There were some great competitors, but she only had one person up against her in the tall division, so it was an easy win for her. I was shocked at how SKINNY some of the bikini competitors were, but I was most comforted by seeing a ripped girl about my size (who also didn't have a big V back) win the overall novice figure :) The coolest part was sitting next to a couple who competed and having the guy respond with a "So, what's the difference?" attitude about me competing as a vegan. He meant it in a GREAT way, meaning I had just as much of a shot as anyone else. He even knew a little bit about combining dfferent plant proteins. Way to not be a COMPLETE meathead, or at least an educated, open-minded one! :) I had dinner at Cafe Sunflower, and I had to have a piece of vegan coconut cream cake, which was my first dessert in weeks and probably last one for 12 weeks:



I have also continued with fabulous "vegan champ" food for myself, which includes sweet potatoes, quinoa, spinach, beefless tips, broild avocados, tofu with chili paste, and "green" oatmeal with chai flavored Vega One:



I'm relaxing the rest of the day and going heavy on the legs tomorrow. I'm also getting closer and closer to those full splits!

No comments:

Post a Comment