Sunday, March 10, 2013

Another Day, Another Step Closer!

Today is my first time living in EST, and it was incredible to see this at 7:30 pm...



I did things differently today, and I have to say I liked it. I'm usually a "first thing in the morning" exerciser, but I decided to hold off until the new gym I joined opened up. I still have my Anytime Fitness membership, but I joined Pivotal because it's two blocks away, is huge and has a ton of group fitness classes. They just got new K2 stepmills that I got to break in last night, and they are sturdy enough to run intervals on (literally RUN for 30 sec at a time - quick way to get the entire gym to look at you...) I live in an area that has some of the most churches per capita, so no surprise they don't open until noon on Sundays. No biggie, because I finally got the furniture in my living room arranged the way I wanted (I moved here Dec. 18. Don't judge!)

I popped off an email to the posing suit designer who attended the meeting yesterday, and she wrote back quickly to say that she would think about some ideas and get back to me. Will I end up with my dream suit? I might, and it will be an interpretation of one of the most clever ads I've ever seen. I used to have this as my desktop computer background about 10 years ago in college:



I started out with a typical "breakfast," but it'll be the last one like it for a while. I finished off my tub of VegaOne nutritional shake in chocolate (pictured here thickened with an avocado) and am excited to open my new favorite flavor, vanilla chai. Seriously yummy.



I am also enjoying my first experience with wheatgrass, deliciously packaged with aloe vera and smooth and sweet going down:



Today couldn't have been more gorgeous, so I rocked my favorite shiny black capris, a coral UA top (loose fit) and layered on my $6 steal from NY & CO yesterday, a coral (although it looks pink in this picture) bedazzled zip up hoodie. I was so excited to throw it on that I didn't realize until coming home that I left the "XS" sticker on it. Doh.



I had what I used to call in FL a "no drive day" because I lived within a mile of my work, gym, dentist, vet, airport, mall, movie theater and tons of restaurants. It took maybe 10 minutes to walk to Pivotal, and I had sidewalk for most of it. It's amazing the looks of pity that you receive when walking. Clearly when I have my purse packed and my headphones in, I'm CHOOSING to walk. It's not "aww, poor girl," it's "yay, awesome girl!"

I snagged a bike for Spinning (which you have to do 30 minutes before class), and I tried to decide what to do. I wasn't going to be stupid by doing cardio before class, and nothing needed to be strength trained, so I mellowed out and went into the ladies' only area for some yoga. I created a flow that I think is perfect: warrior 1, warrior 2, reverse warrior, right angle, triangle, reverse triangle, pyramid, warrior 1, warrior 3, back to warrior 1 to repeat. Five times on each side feels wonderful :) Also threw in some down dogs, cobras, and a chair/sun goddess/half moon combo alternating sides. I was able to walk into class feeling limber and centered, and I was greeted by at least two other women, out of only about 10, wearing coral/black combos. Interesting. I heard the gym just got new bikes, but I had to see it for myself. We had the yellow Lemonds, which are a smooth ride but give the rider NO feedback or information whatsoever. Because I'm a former fitness director and Spinning instructor, I was interested to see what the staff chose. It looked big and awkward, and I kind of wanted to get off after the first couple of revolutions, but I made friends over the 60 minutes with this thing:



I'm also making friends with these two - a fancy, expensive recovery formula containing quercetin that I needed just to be able to move the next day when I was teaching a ton of group fitness classes, and vegan creatine. I know the first one works, but the jury is out on the other one.



I ate the same meal twice today, and I didn't manage to take a picture before eating. Gah! I've been using my mom's old stone plateware with cute bright flowers on it, and I've been using the salad plates to maximize the "volume" (search the Volumetrics Eating Plan.) I sometimes put random things together, but they work. I had a "nutloaf," which is the vegan version of a meatloaf, with crushed tomatoes on top, mixed with cilantro/pecan pesto and a baked apple with pecans, raisins, coconut and cinnamon. I'm sure I'll have plenty more posts with plenty of food. You can also find all the food on my Facebook page,

I'm hoping that I can keep riding this high, because I feel 1,000 committed and optimistic. The biggest challenge that I'm conquering right now is not nibbling before bedtime. I have noticed, though, that if I am still feeling hungry, I crave good food instead of junk. I got some vegan dark chocolate calcium candies to savor one a day for 30 calories, and I am planning on expanding my line of dessert teas to satiate me before bedtime. My melatonin is kicking in, and I'm striving for a big day tomorrow. Heavy legs, heavy calf work (which I never do because my calves are naturally beast, ha!), a lecture on the respiratory system at work and a trip to Asheville for my silks class.

Before I part, I must say that another highlight of the day was realizing that I couldn't remember the last time I took the trash out. Not because I'm a slob, of course, but because I am so obsessed with recycling that I pull stuff out of the Dumpster when I toss in Jezabel's poop (in biodegradable bags, naturally!)

No comments:

Post a Comment