Saturday, March 16, 2013

Spring is in the Air

I finally got to wake up at 7:15, which is definitely considered "sleeping in." Saturday is the one day that I'm glad it's still dark at that time. I was excited to hit the gym because I knew I was going to wear my new favorite slighty dressy/sexy purple satiny Nike spaghetti strap tank. I must say I enjoyed seeing my upper back muscles popping out! :)

The most interesting thing I think about my gym is that the female trainer is seriously threatened by me. She shouldn't be, because I'm one of the most anonymous people in there. I may wear girly clothing, but I mostly talk to no one and read my book while stretching. The most saddening thing is that most of the members have terrible form and that a lot of the staff don't correct it. I have to remind myself that it's not my job and not my problem (unless I wanted to spending my time helping everyone and not getting my own workout...)

I was excited to dive into another Svelte drink immediately post workout:



It was a high of 76 today and the first time I got to wear short sleeves, capris and sandals today. My nickname is Sporty Spice, so naturally my biggest fear about competing is the heels. One of the previous competitors even suggested I got for 5-inchers! I bought these shoes this winter on clearance, so time to rock them!



I went to an olive oil bar for olive oil and vinegar tasting and politely opted out of tasting the dark balsamics on the (nonvegan) ice cream. I'm a sucker for truffle oil, which is very expensive, but I think I just made the absolute best ever pesto with it. Ohhhh my yummy! I also found a pineapple vinegar that I'll be mixing with soy sauce to make a marinade for tempeh veggie kabobs. I swung by the St. Pet-rick's Adoptathon at the animal shelter to drop off a few donations and see the animals. It will probably be one of the organizations for which I try to raise funds :) I bought a couple clearance small belts for my now-looser pants, yay! I also finally ended the dessert tea saga by getting peppermint chocolate Republic of Tea from World Market, and I couldn't resist a big bottle of sugar free white chocolate Torani syrup.

My dinner is random but delicious:



I'm trying to shave my dog (which usually happens in installments) and want to get to bed early, so let's hope some tea will do it. I have two clever mugs, the one on the right for daytime and the one on the left for night time:






No comments:

Post a Comment