Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pain is Temporary, Beastin' is Forever

My student trainer said this to me while I was doing pushups with each hand on a medicine ball. Every time I feel like I have already hit my max, he makes me do more. I laughed right when he said it, but I was able to crank out a few more reps. This will be my new mantra! I also liked when he said "Be Fergielicious, or be forgotten!"

My morning started with some heavy chest and back, and I was able to enjoy this on the drive from gym to work. Thanks, Svelte, I was thinking the same thing ;)



Work was rewarding today, including seeing my students improve in praticals. They "teach" exercises to me, explaining them in intense detail, and they started to sound less memorized and more conversational. I also ended the night with a career talk for prospective students. I had a small group, including one person in a wheelchair. It will be a struggle for us to figure out how to adapt the program for him, but it will be a rewarding one :)

My afternoon session with my student trainer went fabulously (I had Skillet on the iPod, woo!!!), and the news that I am competing spread through the rest of the students. We're talking about a field trip to see one student's MMA fight in May and then my competition in June. Did I MENTION that I love my students and my job?!

I ended the night with some elliptical. I could be left alone on an elliptical with a book forever, but I'm one of the few people I know who can still do intense intervals and read at the same time. Believe it or not, I'm one of the most motion sick people ever. Ironic? I'm reading Dewey's Nine Lives, and I teared up a little. Love animal stories :)

I gave one of the participants in our clinic a stack of vegan recipes for Lent, and she said she's ready to start whipping them up next week. I love encouraging veganism just by people seeing how strong I am in the fitness center :)

This entry has been a little short and choppy, but it's late again. My goal was to eat dinner a little earlier (I don't get to leave work until about 7:40 Tues/Thurs), so I had it ready to go before I came home. Talk about maximizing a salad plate!



I'm going to bed with incredibly sore glutes and burned out forearms, but I'm still feeling great. The posing suit designer sent me a picture of a fabric that may be perfect for the "lettuce leaf a la Pamela Anderson PETA ad" posing suit, so we'll see. I'm also contemplating plant powered athlete slogan shirts, and I just realized I'm about to run out of dessert tea. That will be one of the biggest treats and motivators I will have during this time, so I may splurge and buy some really fancy stuff. I had the Gypsy Tea cacao raspberry before, and it was divine!

Next thing to tackle tomorrow night: first date since undertaking this journey. Let's see how Greenville treats vegans who want to eat clean and live lean :)


No comments:

Post a Comment